PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGIES
- Guess and Test
- Use a Variable
- Draw a Picture
- Look for a Pattern
- Make a List (Tables)
- Solve a Simpler Problem
- Work Backwards
- Make a Model (use objects)
- Solve an Equation
- Use Cases
- Use Direct Reasoning
- Use Indirect Reasoning
COMMON CORE MATH DOMAINS
The following Common Core math conceptual categories are addressed in 9 - 12th grade.
- Relationships between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations
- Linear and Exponential Relationships
- Descriptive Statistics
- Expressions and Equations
- Quadratic Functions and Modeling
- Expressing Geometric Properties with Equations
- Similarity Right Triangles and Trigonometry; Geometric Measurements and Dimensions; Conditional Probability and the Rules of Probability
- Model and Reason with Equations and Inequalities
- Structure in Expressions and Aritmetic with Polynomials
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Statistics and Probability
Pre Calculus (Math Analysis):
- Algebra, Number Systems, and Vectors
- Matrices and Conic Systems
For detailed Common Core Math Standards visit: http://achieve.lausd.net/ccss
AEE MATH TEACHERS
|Ritu Gupta||Algebra 1|
MATH COURSES OFFERED AT AEE
CC Algebra 1
CC Geometry Honors
CC Algebra 2
CC Algebra 2 Honors
MATH DEPARTMENT GRADING SCALE
59% and below Fail
COMMON CORE STANDARDS FOR MATHEMATICAL PRACTICES
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.