AEE's Mission, Vision, and SLOs
Is to develop socially conscious, critical thinkers who are prepared for life beyond high school, college and careers in education, public service and information technology.
AEE is a school where teachers, students, parents and community members work together to unlock student potential and inspire them to make a positive impact on our community.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Effective Communicators
- Articulate ideas clearly and effectively through oral, written, and artistic expression and creative mean
- Use technology to access and evaluate information, communicate ideas, and analyze and solve problems.
- Demonstrate skills in reading, writing, and mathematics and apply them across the curriculum
2. Collaborative Problem-Solvers
- Use effective leadership and group skills to solve problems and achieve goals
- Foster positive interpersonal relationships within diverse settings
- Contribute and function in various group roles, accepting individual and group responsibilities
3. Responsible Citizens
- Demonstrate an understanding and be able to analyze current issues from historic, political, economic, geographic and multicultural perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Democratic process
- Understand, appreciate and respect ideas, attitudes, and values that shape diverse cultures and individual differences.
- Participate in community, social, civil and cultural service.
4. Critical Thinkers
- Work independently to effectively solve problems by employing high-level, critical thinking skills.
- Identify, assess, analyze, synthesize, use and cite resources and information productively.
- Make connections and transfer learned skills and concepts throughout the curriculum and beyond.
- Use self-monitoring skills and reflection to achieve short and long term goals.